Monday, October 30, 2006

State of the 'Stache














Anyone who regularly reads andy's mustache (assuming said person actually exists) has noticed a woeful lack of posting on my behalf over the past week. There are two reasons that the stache is slowing down.

First, I hate sports.

Actually, that is not totally true. I still enjoy watching games, following storylines, and analyzing what's going on in the sports world. What I hate is being a Philadelphia sports fan.

Like I explained in my last post, I can barely watch the Eagles anymore. What used to be the highlight of my week is now an incredible chore. The most frustrating part is that it seems like I (and most Philly fans) care more about winning than the actual team does. It also seems like I (and most Philly fans) could put together a better game plan and get the team to play smarter than this coach.

Andy has totally lost the Eagles. They are not a good football team and they have little chance of sneaking into the playoffs. The Birds sucking ass every weekend along with my obsessive, undying love for the team is really taking a toll on my mental health.

Oh and by the way, this has been going on for 23 straight years. I just can't take the losing anymore. It's taking the fun out sports. The Flyers and Sixers are not going to offer any reprieve, as they very likely might lose 100 games combined this winter. That leaves us with the Sads, the losingest franchise in the history of pro sports, as our next hope at winning anything. I guess I should just keep my asshole open until spring then so I can get fucked again then.

Second, I have been working a bit more and don't really feel like scouring the Internet all day for interesting bits of info. So expect the posts to be a bit more music-oriented and more sporadic.

Plus, I want to focus on some more of my own writing. I am going to start posting some of my short stories, sketches, and hopefully some more short films in the space. The next post is a start, enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home